Monday 9 January 2012

Cake!

I have a few New Years resolutions, and things I'd like to do in 2012. Some home related things, some things craft related and yet others running and fitness related.   Mainly things that I hope will get me further towards feeling like me again, while still fitting into my new life with the Biscuit.  I will blog more about plans and projects later - just getting my head round them myself at the moment.

But (fitness and diet resolutions not-withstanding!), one thing I really want to do in 2012 is bake more. It's something that I've always liked, even when I was a little girl and I used to make scones and fairy cakes with my nanna. I find it so relaxing, with a set of rules to follow, but also a creative and nurturing aspect to it.

My lovely husband bought me a rose shaped bundt tin for Christmas, so yesterday afternoon I used it to make Nigella's spruced up vanilla cake recipe.

I'm rather proud of the results.

No comments:

Post a Comment