Monday 15 April 2013

Project 333 - March update

I know its rather late in the day, given that we’re half way through April and all that, but I wanted to make sure I kept up with my Project 333 summaries, just for my own future reference and encouragement.
March was in some ways a very easy month for Project 333 given that it was not remotely spring like and was freezing cold and wintry from beginning to end.  This made the coat and shoe choices much easier, as there really was only one reasonable option.
This was my most useful work outfit from the month
Most useful work outfit March 2013


 (albeit completely covered up with a giant puffa coat when I was outside, and accessorised with clumpy boots rather than elegant shoe boots other than inside at the office). 
My most useful casual outfit was my striped top and skinny jeans - as seen in this former post.


My favourite outfit was the whistles dress - not the most useful, but I felt amazing wearing it.

Best going out dress March 2013

The final list of items worn this month, and the frequency with which they were worn was:
Black pink lined shift dress
1
Whistles mini navy shirt dress
2
Phase Eight faux wrap dress
3
J Crew geometric skirt
2
Blue round neck blouse
2
Black shoe boots
18
Puff sleeved striped top
4
Whistles khaki tunic dress
3
Black pencil skirt
4
Whistles cheetah print blouse
2
Black long sleeve t-shirt
4
J Brand combats
2
black biker boots
28
Leopard print belt
5
black skinny jeans
4
indigo skinny jeans
3
navy pea coat
1
grey v-neck cashmere
1
parka
6
Zara black coat
1
coral and blue striped jumper
4
ash ankle boots
4
black courts
0
black and tan striped t-shirt
2
Baukjen purple jersey mini-dress
2
Whistles body con dress
1
black Baukjen jersey dress
1
Puffa coat
15
Cream Brora cashmere jumper
1
all saints sweater dress
2
striped sweater dress
2


Its amazing even with only 31 items how seldom some things are worn.  However, I loved each and every outfit this month.  The only thing I’m not sure about is my Tommy Hilfiger cream striped sweater dress, which is lovely, but which is rather short and which I’m not sure is appropriate at my advanced age;-)  It’s in the ‘think about’ pile at the moment.
The Whistles body con dress is the perfect example of how not every item needs to be practical or wearable in multiple combinations.  How fabulous I felt in that on that night out must be worth taking up a small amount of space in the wardrobe.
What about you?  What were your favourite outfits recently?  Do you have a dress or outfit that makes you feel amazing – even if it isn’t ‘practical’?

No comments:

Post a Comment